To secure access to data
The LEGIC SM-4200 is the component of the 4000 series reader ICs for RFID standard readers.
This reader IC provides the functionality for the main objective – to secure access to data.
The 4000 series supports all relevant RFID standards, such as ISO 14443 A + B, ISO 15693, LEGIC RF and Inside Secure. The compact size and simple design-in enable a use in many applications. The patented wake-up and a low power consumption make the 4000 series reader ICs the right choice for battery-powered applications.
The single chip solution for
- Compatible with LEGIC advant and prime as well as third-party smartcards
- Supports all relevant communication protocols
- Suitable for line- and battery-powered readers
- NFC communication to Apple Watch
NFC connection for secure Apple Watch identification
Technical data of
ISO 14443 A + B|
LEGIC RF standard
Inside Secure *
Sony Felica **
ST SR series
|RFID security elements||
NXP key diversification
AES 128/256 Bit, 3DES, DES, LEGIC encoding
|Energy saving options||
Stop mode: typically 3 μA|
Watch mode with RFID based wake-up: typically 20 μA
Peer-to-peer ISO 18092 ***|
Communication to Apple Watch ****
UART with 38,400 or 115,200 baud (RS232 timing)|
SPI slave mode 1 or mode 3
Authentication and encryption (optional)
* Read / write access to smartcards based on cyphered Inside Secure technology, such as HID iCLASS®
** Encoding is not integrated
*** ISO 18092 Passive Peer-to-Peer Mode - Initiator, NFC Tags 2, 3, 4 ot integrated
**** Only for participants of Apple’s MFi program with GymKit license
(Apple, MFi, GymKit and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple, Inc.)
Turn your ideas into reality
LEGIC reader ICs provide a high degree of flexibility and a unique range of functions:
They can be integrated into versatile of applications and offer easy access to various identification media.
The reader ICs are designed for use with LEGIC advant and prime and support third-party transponders, such as MIFARE or HID iCLASS®.
- Evaluation of the performance of the SM-4200 and SM-4500, as well as introduction to their command set
- Design examples of battery-operated and line-powered readers
- Entry into the use of the unique LEGIC Master-Token System-Control
- Use of LEGIC prime and advant smartcards, as well as MIFARE Classic and DESFire
- Access to HID iCLASS® smartcards